The Township has two cemetery locations. The Stickney Cemetery, with burials from the 1800’s and early 1900’s, is located on State Route 86. This cemetery is closed to additional burials. The Concord Cemetery, which was established in the 1930’s, is located on State Route 608 and has four sections, two of which are sold out. The fourth section of the Concord Cemetery was dedicated in 2004.
DID YOU KNOW:
- The 1965 excavation work for the expansion has been completed. The expansion area needs to settle and the lots pinned. It will take approximately a year to a year and a half for the lots to be available.
- All plantings in the cemetery must be approved by the Cemetery Sexton.
- Concord Township reserves the right to maintain plantings, which may include trimming or removal if deemed necessary and will not be replaced.
- Cemetery approved plantings are to be located in front of your marker; anything outside of your lot (behind a monument or in some cases the side) belongs to someone else. Plantings should not impede the ability to get equipment through.
- Perennials are to be maintained yearly:
-If the perennial is a spring or early-summer bloomer, divide in the fall.
-If the perennial blooms in the late summer or fall, divide in the spring.
- We do not recommend you place sentimental items on the graves as they may get lost, stolen or damaged.
Wreaths Across America
The Concord Cemetery offers three burial alternatives; conventional full burials, in-ground cremation burials, and above-ground cremation burials.
As of November 20, 2019, Full Burial Lots (for Full Burials only) are sold as immediate need. Cremation lots are available for preplanning and immediate needs.
Full burial lots are priced at $750.00 for a 4’x10’ lot. The grave opening fee for a full burial is $500.00. These lots can be used for one full burial and one cremation burial; the interment of the full burial must precede the cremation burial. An upright or flush memorial may be used to mark the grave.
A concrete foundation is set under the memorial for a fee of $200.00 for a standard 1’x2′. Each additional square foot is $50.00.
In-ground cremation lots are priced at $250.00 for a 2’x4’ lot. The grave opening fee for cremations is $150.00. In-ground cremation lots may be utilized for two cremation burials. A flush memorial may be used to mark the grave. A concrete foundation is set under the memorial for a fee of $200.00-$300.00. In addition, we offer 4’x4′ lots for $500.00 that will accommodate a slant marker.
The columbarium (above-ground granite cremation structure) has 48 niches (10.5″ square x 11.5″ deep) that are priced at $650.00. One niche can hold two cremains. The niche opening fee is $100.00. An engraved niche plaque would mark the burial location at a cost of $400.00 which includes one emblem. Additional emblems are $100.00.
Additional $300.00 for late in day (after 1:30 pm) or Saturday burials.
Please view the Cemetery Rules and Regulations for more information.
- Gravesites are to be cleaned of all decorations two times a year April 1st and November 1st. These dates will be posted on the exit signs two (2) weeks prior to clean up
- Please allow two (2) weeks to be sure removal has been completed before placing new decorations on your gravesite, this will protect your new decorations from being accidentally removed; items in an urn or on a monument will not be removed unless items pertain to a past holiday or they are unkempt; please contact the cemetery office if honoring a loved one seven (7) days prior the removal times listed above
- Placing live and artificial decorations for honoring “loved ones” special dates (birthdays/anniversaries/Mother’s-Father’s Day/major holidays [Christmas, Independence Day, Halloween, Memorial Day etc.]) should be removed fourteen (14) days after the date or will be removed by cemetery staff
For any questions or assistance contact Karen Warner, Cemetery Sexton at 440-354-7518, Cindy Sadler, Cemetery Assistant at 440-354-7517 or Debbie Powall, Cemetery Assistant at 440-354-7501.
For more specific details, the Rules and Regulations are available at the entrance of the cemetery, online listed below and in Town Hall. All persons are subject to the rules and regulations.