Concord Township Cemeteries
The Township has two cemetery locations. The Stickney Cemetery, with burials from the 1800’s and early 1900’s, is located on State Route 86. This cemetery is closed to additional burials. The Concord Cemetery, which was established in the 1930’s, is located on State Route 608 and has four sections, two of which are sold out. The fourth section of the Concord Cemetery was dedicated in 2004.
Cemetery News – March 2019
- A gravesite clean-up is scheduled to begin April 1, 2019. All decorations should be removed by March 31, 2019 or it will be removed by the cemetery staff
- Please allow two (2) weeks to be sure removal has been completed before placing new decorations on your gravesite
- If honoring a loved one (birthday, anniversary) during the clean-up date listed above, contact the cemetery office at (440) 354-7518 seven (7) days prior to placing the item
- The Cemetery Rules and Regulations can be found in the information box located at the entrance of the cemetery, online or at Town Hall. For any questions, please call the cemetery office at (440) 354-7518
Please view the Cemetery Rules and Regulations for more information.
- Gravesites are to be cleaned of all decorations two times a year April 1st and November 1st
These dates will be posted on the exit signs two (2) weeks prior to clean up
- Please allow two (2) weeks to be sure removal has been completed before placing new decorations on your gravesite, this will protect your new decorations from being accidentally removed; items in an urn or on a monument will not be removed unless items pertain to a past holiday or they are unkempt; please contact the cemetery office if honoring a loved one seven (7) days prior the removal times listed above
- Placing live and artificial decorations for honoring “loved ones” special dates (birthdays/anniversaries/Mother’s-Father’s Day/major holidays (Christmas, Independence Day, Halloween, Memorial Day etc.) should be removed fourteen (14) days after the date or will be removed by cemetery staff
The Concord Cemetery offers three burial alternatives; conventional full burials, in-ground cremation burials, and above-ground cremation burials.
Full burial lots are priced at $750.00 for a 4’x10’ lot. The grave opening fee for a full burial is $500.00. These lots can be used for one full burial and one cremation burial; the interment of the full burial must precede the cremation burial. These lots may also be utilized for two cremation burials. An upright or flush memorial may be used to mark the grave.
A concrete foundation is set under the memorial for a fee of $200.00 for a standard 1’x2′. Each additional square foot is $50.00.
In-ground cremation lots are priced at $250.00 for a 2’x4’ lot. The grave opening fee for cremations is $150.00. In-ground cremation lots may be utilized for two cremation burials. A flush memorial may be used to mark the grave. A concrete foundation is set under the memorial for a fee of $200.00-$300.00. We offer 4’x4′ lots for $500.00 that will accommodate a slant marker. Finally, we also have a few 4′ x 8′ lots that will accommodate three sets of cremains and a larger marker.
The columbarium (above-ground granite cremation structure) has 48 niches (10.5″ square x 11.5″ deep) that are priced at $650.00. One niche can hold two cremains. The niche opening fee is $100.00. An engraved niche plaque would mark the burial location at a cost of $350.00 which includes one emblem. Additional emblems are $100.00.
Additional $300.00 for late in day (after 1:30 pm) or Saturday burials.