This information is offered to aid Concord Township residents in their disposal of household trash, yard waste, leaves, Christmas trees, recyclables, aluminum cans, computers, scrap tires, and household hazardous waste.
Residents are encouraged to contact their trash hauler to see if curbside recycling options are offered.
The Lake County Solid Waste District offers the use of a single stream drop-off recycling bin. The bin is available to all Lake County residents and businesses Monday-Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and to Lake County residents only on Saturdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, located at the Lake County Landfill, 2039 Blase Nemeth Road in Painesville Township. For more information and a list of acceptable items that can be placed in the bin, please view the Lake County Solid Waste District website or call (440) 350-2644.
All recyclable containers should be emptied and rinsed out prior to collection. In order to maximize space and collection volume, the District asks that residents avoid using plastic bags, to breakdown cardboard boxes, and to loosely place only the permitted recyclable materials into the single stream recycling bin.
Aluminum Can Recycling for Concord Township
Our Fire Department’s Fire Prevention Bureau collects aluminum cans and uses the proceeds to help fund the Township’s fire prevention education program. Cans can be left in the designated area at each of our fire stations.
- Station One: Town Hall Campus parking lot (7229 Ravenna Road) behind the fire station
- Station Two: 10154 Prouty Road on the south side of the station
Paper and Cardboard Recycling for Concord Township
As of June 26, 2021, paper and cardboard recycle bins have been permanently removed from the Town Hall Campus parking lot.
It is the responsibility of each household to properly dispose of its trash. Condominium residents please contact your homeowner’s association (HOA) for information on the disposal options for your neighborhood. All other residents must contract with a hauler to have trash removed from their home.
When contacting trash haulers, be sure to mention the name of your subdivision, as some HOA’s have agreements for specific services from haulers. When making inquiries, you might want to ascertain:
- How should trash be contained?
- What day of the week is pick-up?
- Are there yard waste or recycling options available?
Below are some trash haulers options available to Concord residents and business owners (residents/business owners are not limited to the options below):
- Major Waste Disposal Services: Curbside recycling available to residents for a fee. (440) 254-4929 or 1-800-366-4921
- Waste Management: Curbside recycling available to residents for a fee. 1-866-797-9018
- Dumpster Bandit LLC: (216) 402-2547
- Esquire Trash Removal: (440) 856-3055
- Republic Services: 1-800-968-7789
Yard Waste/Brush Days
Typically, yard waste CANNOT be included in normal household trash left for pick-up. Please see the Concord Township Service Department page for more information and options available to residents.
There are also commercial options available for yard waste. MRLM Inc., (440) 357-6756, will accept yard waste, at no charge, on the second Saturday of every month April – October. Depending on weather conditions, MRLM may accept yard waste in November (contact MRLM to verify). MRLM may accept yard waste at other times throughout the year FOR A FEE. Contact MRLM for details. Their facility is part of the JTO complex located at 6011 Heisley Road in Mentor. Nells Enterprises will pick up yard waste, in addition to other items, FOR A FEE. Contact Nells Enterprises at (440) 567-0146 for more information.
In the fall the Township contracts with an outside hauler to pick up leaves from residents. The week will be announced each fall on the Service Department page. The following guidelines must be strictly followed:
- Leaves only, NO brush or limbs
- Leaves must be in biodegradable bags
- Absolutely no plastic bags will be picked up
- Bags must be at the curb Monday morning by 6:00 a.m. The truck will make ONE pass through the Township. NO RETURN TRIPS WILL BE MADE.
These area nurseries have accepted bagged leaves in the past. Please call ahead to verify restrictions and drop off locations.
- Brotzman Nursery, 6899 Chapel Road East, Madison, (440) 428-3361
- Klyn Nursery, 3322 Route 84, Perry, (440) 259-3811
- River Road Nursery, 4468 River Road, Perry, (440) 259-5868
- Swansons at Arcola Creek Nursery, 2452 Dock Road, Madison, (440) 428-7497
The Lake County Board of Commissioners, Solid Waste District, and the Department of Utilities sponsor Special Collections throughout the year for appliances, electronics, monitors, TVs, tires and hazardous waste. For 2022 Special Collection dates, view the Lake County Solid Waste District website.