- Revised Deed Restrictions
- Updated Legal Description
- Proposed Landscape Plan
- Revised RCD Preliminary Plan
Purpose of Zoning
Zoning is the regulation of the use, location, height, number and size of land, buildings or structures within a specified zone or area of the community. Its purpose is to protect property values and preserve the desired character of the community, while providing for orderly growth and uniform development. Since any zoning is a restriction on the unlimited use of land by the owner, it must be reasonable and/or protect public health and safety. In 1955, the Concord Township Zoning Resolution was adopted.
The Zoning Inspector is appointed by the Board of Trustees for the purpose of enforcing the provisions of the Zoning Resolution.
The Zoning Department serves the community through:
- enforcing the Concord Township Zoning Resolution which regulates land use;
- reviewing residential and commercial zoning permit applications; assisting businesses through the conditional use, site plan, and design review application process;
- undertaking special planning projects in conjunction with the 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update.
Do I need a zoning permit?
Click here to for information on what projects need permits.