Old Stone Schoolhouse in Concord Township, Ohio (concordtwp.com)
The Concord Township Recreation Department manages the Old Stone Schoolhouse. The schoolhouse also serves as Concord’s museum and historical data repository.
Built in 1840 at a cost of $200, the Old Stone Schoolhouse served Concord Township students from 1841 until 1923. At peak enrollment, the Concord School District had a total of nine one-room schools. After closing, the site has been both a private residence and business office. In late 2001, the township purchased the building and surrounding properties. This schoolhouse is one of Concord’s oldest structures and one of the few vintage stone buildings remaining in the county. Today it serves as the township museum.
To schedule a private tour of the schoolhouse, contact the Recreation Department at (440) 639-4650.