The Concord Facts page is part of a communications program created to disseminate information to the public about the current projects and happenings in the Township. The page will be modified as new information becomes available, so check back often for updates.
Town Center Concept
A mixed-use Town Center concept is being discussed for seven Township-owned acres at the southwest corner of Auburn Road and Capital Parkway. The current zoning allows for a Town Center concept that could include a mixture of retail, personal services, restaurants, and offices, as well as a high-end residential component, including townhomes and loft units above commercial structures.
The links below provide facts about the concept with the goal of informing our residents and clarifying any misunderstandings that may exist about this type of development.
- RFP Process Update as of November 28, 2017
- FACT SHEET: Concord Township Mixed-Use Town Center Concept
- Media Release: Concord Township Launches Communications Program
- Zoning Map of Area
- RFP Schedule Updated
- 2017 Demographic Summary
- October 6, 2012 News Herald Article
- December 24, 2013 News Herald Article
- October 25, 2014 News Herald Article
- May 12, 2017 News Herald Article
- July 1, 2017 News Herald Article
Auburn-Crile-SR 44 Road Improvements
The recent road improvements made within the SR 44 Corridor were the result of over 10 years of planning, review and analysis of existing road conditions, safety and operation, crash data, and traffic volumes based on current and future development. Township representatives, county and state agencies, as well as local citizens provided input on this analysis that resulted in the improvements and circulation patterns that exist today. The information below provides the history of these road improvements, as well as traffic studies, technical advisory committee meetings, a project cost summary, and related reports from partnering agencies.
- FACT SHEET: Auburn-Crile-SR 44 Road Improvements
- TIMELINE: Auburn-Crile-SR 44 Road Improvements
- ODOT Inter-Office Communication Memo: May 7, 2008
- Road Project Expense Summary
- Final SR 44 Traffic Report: Vol. 1, October 2008
- Final SR Traffic Report: Vol. 2, October 2008
- Public Involvement Meetings – Presentations 2011
Riverside School District Proposal/Permit Issue
The Riverside Local School District recently filed a Conditional Use Permit Application for a proposed elementary school that was reviewed by the Concord Township Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) at their September 13, 2017 meeting. After reviewing the application and presentation made by the school board representatives, as well as listening to the concerns of the residents in attendance, the BZA voted to deny the conditional use permit application. As a result of this decision, the Riverside School District Board of Education filed an appeal in the Lake County Court of Common Pleas on October 11, 2017.
A Fact Sheet on Conditional Uses is provided below, as well as a letter prepared by the Concord Township Board of Trustees to the Riverside School Board immediately following the BZA’s decision. A media release was also prepared by the Trustees and submitted to the News Herald on October 13, 2017. To read the media statement, please follow the link below.
- Fact Sheet: Conditional Uses
- Board of Trustees September 25, 2017 Letter to Riverside BOE
- Board of Trustees October 13, 2017 Media Statement to the News Herald
- BZA September 13, 2017 Video (COMING SOON)
- BZA September 13, 2017 Transcripts
For specific questions please contact:
Township Administrator/Trustee Chairman
Heather Freeman, AICP
Planning & Zoning Director/Zoning Inspector